27 Jul Installing traffic-bearing flooring in the same day
There are many circumstances whereunder we are obliged to install flooring that must be immediately commissioned.
In general, these include public areas where activity cannot be stopped and that even support intense traffic.
Also in private places where fast commissioning provides advantages such as greater comfort and reduced waiting time during the execution of the work.
In order to perform this type of work we will need an adhesive with the following characteristics:
- It must be fast-setting for immediate commissioning.
- As it generally consists of the remodeling of public venues, adhesive mortar must be high-performing in order to support intense traffic.
- Deformability criteria must also be fulfilled in order to adapt to the possible movement of the tiles.
To execute this type of application, the state of the substrate must be considered, ensuring that it is clean, stable and solid.
We must take into account that fast-setting adhesives establish a strong bond with the substrate, which must be resistant in order to support this adherence.
In all cases, it is advisable to apply a thin layer of flooring and execute the double-adhesive technique (application of the product using a toothed trowel, both on the substrate and on the back of the tile), for formats larger than 2000 cm2.
Due to the nature of the adhesive itself (faster-setting), it is advisable to mix the exact quantity that will be used.
A second consideration to be considered is the design of the joints, making sure to:
- Leave at least 2 mm joint spacing between tiles.
- Execute perimeter movement joints in corners and changes in plane, height or material.
- Execute expansion joints between door and structural cavities of the building.
All expansion joints should be filled with elastic mastics such as GECOL Elastic-MS.
Jointing mortar must be applied in accordance with the times marked in the Technical Data Sheet of the adhesive.
Commissioning will take place 48 hours after executing the joint.
Warnings: The data provided by this Constructive Solution were prepared based on standard onsite installation processes. However, we recommend that you consult our Technical Department in the event of any specific circumstance firstname.lastname@example.org